Strawberry Smoothie & How the Raw Cleanse is Going
Today I’m at day 15 of my 21 day Raw Cleanse and I’m feeling really good. I feel more energized, my skin is clearer and starting to glow and my mid-section is a bit more trim. All of those things are great, but it often is the things that are a bit more difficult to describe that keep me coming back to Raw Cleansing…like feeling more connected to my body, or tighter pores, clearer thoughts, and feeling more grounded. Or hearing my friend, who did her first 6-day Raw Cleanse, say she started feeling like wearing more bold colors as it just felt good to be in her body. Anyway, it is all good stuff and has been very smooth with only a few cravings in my first two weeks.
“I do occasionally ‘cheat’ and go for some raw food in a higher phase, but when you eat this clean, your cravings for processed food actually diminish too!”
My next Raw Cleanse will be starting on June 20th, which is my birthday! I will share details here on the blog and on Facebook. I hope you will take that leap and join us. So far my cleansers all got benefits and say they would do it again. Readers are enjoying the book, the recipes and all the gorgeous photos! And I’ve got another week to go!
Here’s today’s recipe for your tasting pleasure…
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 can of coconut water (10 ounces)
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup of raw cashews
- 2-3 leaves of kale or other greens (de-stemmed)
- 1 scoop of Sunwarrior raw vegan protein powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of maca (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of lucuma (optional, use 1 stevia if you omit the lucuma)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vitamin C powder (optional)
- Add ice if you like it super cold and a bit more slushy
Blend well in a high-speed blender or regular blender. Enjoy!