I love the doors of France and Spain. They invite one to feel welcome with the variety of colors, textures and ancient archways into another place. One of the things I’m doing as I continue my “inner Camino” at home is looking at what I hoped to accomplish in walking my 2017 Camino.
I don’t know that we consciously set out with a list, but I thought it wise to take time to reflect upon those unspoken and unwritten goals behind my Camino. I want to spend the time remaining until I would have completed my walk on August 5th…meeting as many of those inner goals as is reasonable. You might say it’s my way of allowing my Camino to continue.
So here are my goals in walking my 2017 Camino:
- Lose weight.
- Get fit by increasing my strength and endurance.
- Develop shapely muscular legs.
- Time for reflection and contemplation.
- Time to write – in my journal and blog.
- Adventure – see new things and places.
- Meet new people.
- Simplify – learn from three months living out of a backpack.
- Experience beauty.
- Enjoy taking photos.
- Sharing my adventure with others.
- Accomplishment – reaching the goal of 1,000 miles.
- Chance to redefine myself by being open to anything.
- Clarity regarding next steps with my business, Simple Up.
- Clarity regarding the people I surround myself with.
- The chance to reset any goals as I begin my 60th year!
I’d encourage you to stop and take time to reflect upon your own goals. Whether you are preparing for a Camino or just living your life. What is it you secretly hope and dream for?
…and begin the quest along with me to infuse your life with that!
Look for future blog posts about how I’m tackling this list now that I’m home.