Gratitude & Miracles in 2015
Each year I start the year with an empty jar, and as I experience things that make me well up with gratitude, or where I feel a miracle has occurred, I write them down and put them in the jar.
On January 1st, I brew some tea, light a fire and read through all the cool things that have been part of my year. There are things in there I would have forgotten, had I not taken the time to jot them down and plunk them into the jar.
It’s an easy practice that pays off so much. I suggest you try it. Keep the jar within view to remind you periodically to write things down. Or put a reminder on your calendar once or twice a month to trigger you to keep it going.
Here are some of my 2015 things I am grateful for:
- All my Friday walks with my friend, Kathy Davis. I treasure time in nature, walking, and our special sharing.
- Fun Airbnb guests – Ace from PCT, Aussie belly dancer, Canadian surgical resident, etc. etc.
- Special visitors – Liz & Stuart, Tara, and Penny – looks like most are from Australia this year.
- New friends, Kimberly, Berry, Victoria, Carrie, Chemese, Ann Mai, Lynn, Andrea & Neal. And Vanora, a friend from San Diego, becomes my Portland neighbor.
- Wrote my first book “Raw Cleansing as a Pathway to Health.”
- Attended the final Vida Vegan Con in Austin. I’ve always wanted to go to Austin.
- Having fun and learning lots in my Facebook groups – Decluttering, Raw Cleansing, My Best Year, Portlandia Pilgrims, and minimalists.org.
- Four week raw cleanses in April, June and September.
- Partnership with Portland Juice Co. on my raw cleanses creating two guides for our mutual customers.
- Attended Brendon Burchard‘s High Performance Academy in October.
- Attended World Domination Summit in July.
- Led an Eco-challenge with NW Earth Institute and had three people go vegan with me for two-weeks in October.
- Learned to put only one space after the period in sentences. Yes, you really can teach an old dog, new tricks!
- Redesigned my website and business with help of Theresa Pridemore, Britney Gardner and Ailey Hines.
- Still love blogging! Learned new technology – Google Hangouts On Air, Webinar Jam, Mailchimp, Shopify and Canva.
- Designed and decorated my office with the help of Carrie Ure.
- Pilgrim’s generously share their stories to create what I am calling the Pilgrim Project.
- Myra & Ryan didn’t move to New York!
- Ava learns to walk, talk and play. She’s so much fun to do imaginary play with!
- New grandchild on the way in July 2016!
When I pay attention to the miracles and things I’m grateful for, I see and experience more of them!
Go for it folks…this is totally FREE and adds so much! Please comment below if you’ve done this or a similar thing and what you thought of it. Thanks!