As part of “A Simple Year” course that I am taking, I learned about this neat project where you look at simplifying your wardrobe. It’s called Project 333 and it is the brainchild of Courtney Carver, a minimalist blogger and author.
The goal is to select 33 items to wear for 3 months. The reason for doing this is to simplify your life thereby having more time and energy for meaningful and fun things, and less time spent in the closet or out shopping. I thought this would be easy as my wardrobe was tiny, I am not into fashion and with my size 11 narrow foot, shoes have never been my thing!
It took me 3 days to figure out the 33 items that made the cut! I thought I didn’t have many clothes, but even after two pretty significant de-cluttering rounds in my closet over the past few months, I still had 45 tops, 18 tank tops, 13 pairs of footwear, 10 sweaters, 6 coats, etc. Maybe my life it not that simple after all!
My 33 items are:
- 3 pairs of jeans
- 1 pair of black leggings
- 1 pair of flowing taupe pants
- 1 dress
- 1 pair of hiking boots
- 1 pair of black knee-high boots
- 1 pair of black flats
- 2 scarfs
- 1 belt
- 2 sweaters
- 2 coats
- 1 vest that is reversible
- 4 tank tops
- 3 short sleeve tops
- 1 3/4 length sleeve top
- 1 tunic top
- 4 long sleeve tops
- 2 pairs of earrings
- 1 purse
Now I am on day 4 and actually feeling I might end up being more fashionable by letting go of all that extra stuff and being way more intentional and inventive!
As they say, time will tell! Tune in for my next blog to see how it’s going! I just lost an earring so I am now down to only 1 pair of earrings and I have no hat and snow is expected!
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)